Team Lic

Friday, June 02, 2006

Princess Kayley


A couple of people (the only 2 people who actually read this blog) have commented that nothing has been posted about Kayley's birthday yet almost 2 weeks after the fact. To be honest with you, Kayley and I have been fighting ever since her big day, but we made up tonight so I feel compelled to stay up late to finish this entry.

A little more than 3 years ago, we were blessed that little Miss Kayley was born into our lives. We had learned our lesson with Ashley's premature birth, so we were ready this time. A bag packed with necessities for the hospital. A baby shower before Kayley was born. So when Joy's water broke in the middle of the night, there was no panic, just an urgency to get to the hospital. And just a couple of hours after we arrived, we had our newest bundle of joy. I remember vividly every single moment of that night - the calls to Mom and Dad and Mark and Tracy, the way Joy held Ashley in her lap as she was being wheelchaired to the delivery room, the way Joy pleaded for an epidural, the way Dr. Wong said that we needed to push because KayKay was ready to come out and couldn't wait for an epidural, the way Joy performed labor, and most especially the exact moment Kayley was born and Dr. Wong exclaimed - "You have a healthy baby girl!" I'm usually not one who cries tears of joy, but the moment I saw KayKay, I just couldn't help it.

Fast forward 3 years and Joy and I have our hands full with this one. All before the age of 3, Kayley has:
  • more shoes and sandals and slippers than Joy, Ashley, and I have ever owned in our lives combined;
  • the entire summer collection of Janie & Jack and Jacadi and Neiman Marcus;
  • more than one tiara;
  • already put on nail polish; and
  • already put on makeup.

So is it any surprise that she had a Princess party when she turned 3?!?! It's getting late, but here are more pics from her birthday. The first pics are actually her last pictures as a 2-year-old, then when she woke up on her birthday, opening her first gifts, going to Chuck E. Cheese with Ate on her birthday afternoon, birthday dinner at Benihana with the family, another birthday dinner with the extended family, and finally, the Princess party.

(Belated) happy birthday, princess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home